In the CSA this week: more Japanese turnips, lettuce, bok choy, squash, potatoes, and what looks to be more Chinese cabbage.
On the menu for this week:
- Roasted Japanese Turnips & Carrots with Baked Tofu and Impromptu Mushroom Gravy
- Sesame-Shiitake Bok Choy with rice and spring rolls
- Egg Fried Rice with Napa Cabbage (forget the shrimp)
- Tuscan Cheese Potato Bake and simple salad
- Veggie Casserole with Dill Drop Biscuits and roasted potatoes
- Easy Vegetarian Tortilla Pie
Last Week’s Menu
Best meal from last week was definitely the Shiitake & Scallion Lo Mein. I’ve always loved lo mein, but I’ve never tried to make it myself. I think this recipe may actually make lo mein at home more appealing than going out. The Sunchoke and Cauliflower soup was also pretty tasty, but it didn’t make enough to have leftovers for lunch. Also, peeling all those little sunchokes (one of which came complete with some sort of horrible, nasty worm) was a pain, so I don’t think I’ll be making this recipe again any time soon. I had planned to prepare the Roasted Butternut Squash Risotto tonight, but decided I needed to make something less involved. I raided my freezer and pantry and came up with a vegetarian spaghetti bolognese (loosely based on this one from Quorn) and salad. So the risotto is on tap for tomorrow.
Want all the links for last week’s menu? Find them here.