We pick up our CSA share on Tuesdays, so I tend to plan my weekly menus on Tuesday nights. This week, I’ve got lots of bok choy and mustard greens to work with, as well as squash, carrots, green tomatoes, and some sort of root I can’t identify.
I generally try to plan weekly meals that can do double-duty as lunch the next day. I also generally sketch out what day we’ll eat what meal, but I tend to switch it around almost immediately, so I’m not even going to pretend to commit to certain meals on certain days.
So here’s what I have planned for this week:
- Bok Choy and Baked Tofu Stir-Fry in Ginger-Citrus Sauce
- Green Tomato & Zucchini Gratin with Feta Cheese and Oregano with bread
- Curried Mustard Greens with Kidney Beans
- Veggie Tacos
- Cheddar, Corn, & Potato Chowder with bread
- Pumpkin Gnocchi with Sage Butter (+ toasted walnuts) and a salad
Aside from the tacos and the chowder, these are recipes I haven’t made before. I’ve never cooked with mustard greens or green tomatoes before, so this will be an interesting week. I’ll let you know how these recipes turn out. Right now, I’m so hungry, they all look delicious.